- To represent, support and protect the interests of member community mediation organizations.
- To promote interest in community mediation in the Province of Ontario.
- To provide a forum to share information and consult with other community mediation organizations.
- To respect, recognize and acknowledge the autonomy of each member organization.
The Coalition shall, in its actions and policies, reflect the values of social justice, equality, accessibility and anti-discrimination.
Goals and Objectives
- To develop and promote minimum standards of community mediation volunteer training.
- To foster ethical conduct in community mediation service delivery.
- To monitor and influence government and industry policies that effect the awareness, understanding and practice of community mediation.
- To encourage collaboration, consultation and networking among community mediation service providers
- To advocate for funding for the Coalition on behalf of the members.
- To raise funds from time to time for the Coalition.